Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting Hardys Nottage Hill Chardonnay

 Name: Hardys Nottage Hill Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: McLaren Vale
Country: South Australia
Year: 2007
Price: $15.00
Critics Review: "Notty has done it again and takes the honour of leading the way in our Chardonnay list for the third year running. It has honeyed, crème brûlée flavours and a surprising amount of sexy oak for this little money, making it one of the best value wines on the market" -Matthew Jukes and Tyson Stelzer
My Review: I did not like the initial smell of this wine. To me, it smelled of wet wood. Initially during my first sip, it had a strong taste of oak with a strong pungent aftertaste. The aftertaste improved slightly with the following sips but it did not take away from the fact that this wine was definitely not my favorite.

I did not drink this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment