Saturday, February 4, 2012

Taste Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Name: Solaire by Robert Mondavi
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: Santa Lucia Highlands, California
Country: United States
Year: 2008
Price: $21.00
Critic Review: "Los Carneros is known for its nutrient-lean soils, strong afternoon winds and cool evening fog that rolls in off the San Francisco Bay to blanket the vineyards. These conditions contribute to the development of richly textured, vibrantly flavored Pinot Noir fruit. This exceptional wine displays ripe, jammy flavors with subtle notes of spice, herbs and toasted oak." -Winemaker's Notes
My Review: Not my favorite wine, would not buy for drinking at home. Was at first turned off by the smell which to me was like wet wood. The wine itself tasted like spice and oak with a bitter aftertaste. Overall it was not appealing to me.

I did not drink this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment